Hey Brave Table fam, welcome back for another juicy episode. Today’s guest is Amber Rae. Amber is an author, artist, and global voice for self-discovery. She was a pioneer in bringing mental health and emotional wellness topics to social media,...
Hey Brave Table fam, welcome back for another juicy episode. Today’s guest is Amber Rae. Amber is an author, artist, and global voice for self-discovery. She was a pioneer in bringing mental health and emotional wellness topics to social media, turning relatable sucky human moments into beautiful and viral art pieces. Amber has been a speaker at TED, Microsoft, and Kate Spade, written multiple best-selling books, and spearheaded life accelerator programs and tools to awaken your sense of wonder.
In today’s episode, she talks about how her trauma launched her on a creative path to healing. She also shares powerful reminders on having grace with ourselves when we find ourselves in those ‘gray’ areas of life—the moments in between what’s waiting to be birthed through us artistically. Plus, simple actions you can take today to take your creative genius to the next level and let all your juicy goodness out!
As you listen to Amber’s story, I invite you to think about your own. What’s the story you’re telling about your life, and do you own it? How are you using what you’ve been through in your life—the ups and especially the downs—to frame the narrative you tell about yourself, apply meaning to your experiences, and leverage your struggles for your evolution?
- Practices to get you out of your head and into creative flow and ease
- Learning how to settle into your discomfort
- Using your frustration and challenges as inspiration for your art
- Creating art through relatable human moments
- How to listen and pay attention to what’s coming up within you and waiting to be expressed
- Going through a divorce, dealing with other people’s projections, and finding love again
- How to work through the feeling of shame
- Discerning society’s beliefs from your own
- Channeling what wants to come through you and sharing your truth
- Reframing how you apply meaning to the things that have happened to you
If you liked this episode, make sure you check out…
- Grab a copy of her newest book, The Answers Are Within You: 108 Keys to Unlock Your Mind, Body & Soul https://www.amberrae.com/answersarewithinyou
- The book that inspired Amber, The Artist’s Way https://www.amazon.com/Artists-Way-25th-Anniversary/dp/0143129252/ref=asc_df_0143129252/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309622281255&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10742615981615074709&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001025&hvtargid=pla-434177314053&psc=1
- More on awakening your inner artist with Garrain Jones https://podcasts.apple.com/mx/podcast/garrain-jones-how-to-awaken-the-artist-within/id1608226580?i=1000564809879
- Check out my episode on Embracing the Duality of our Emotions and Normalizing Emotional Health https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/solocast-embracing-the-duality-of-our/id1608226580?i=1000565132212
Also thank you SO so much for your reviews, every one of them helps, and when you submit a 5-star review, I send you my free 5-day emotional mastery course! Take a pic and send to firstname.lastname@example.org