Your beliefs create your reality. Yup — it’s true. So those crappy, negative, or limiting ones you have? You might not even realize it, but they're holding you back. Often they start in your childhood and stagnate in your subconscious. And for all...
Your beliefs create your reality. Yup — it’s true. So those crappy, negative, or limiting ones you have? You might not even realize it, but they're holding you back. Often they start in your childhood and stagnate in your subconscious. And for all your mamas out there, you might even be passing them on to your kiddos, too.
But what if you could eliminate them? The problem most people face with overcoming limiting beliefs is they try to change how they feel and behave. But usually, they end up right back where they started. Whether it's going to the gym, changing bad habits, or rising above doubts and fears, most of what people do works in the short term but fails long run.
Well, that’s about to change, Brave Table fam. After you listen to this powerful episode with my guest, Shelly Lefkoe, you'll know what it takes to make changes that stick for decades.
Shelly is a co-founder and President of Lefkoe Institute, a San Francisco Bay Area firm whose mission is “To significantly improve the quality of life on the planet by having people recreate their lives and live as the unlimited possibilities they are.” She has had the privilege of helping thousands of clients worldwide rid themselves of a variety of problems including phobias, lack of success, relationship issues, procrastination, unwillingness to confront people, eating disorders, drug and alcohol addiction, and sexual dysfunction.
Her clients have been able to eliminate emotional patterns such as fear, hostility, shyness, anxiety, depression, worry about what people think of them, and a negative sense of themselves. This work has made her an expert on how to raise healthy, successful children who are free of limiting beliefs.
Here’s what we get into…
- How your beliefs get formed and how they impact your life
- The reason why you hold on to your beliefs about yourself
- How your culture and upbringing affect your parenting style
- The difference between a pattern and a belief
- How we apply meaning to events that happen in our lives
- Practices to use when you have a negative emotion
- And so much more juicy goodness!
Make sure you also check out…
- Shelly’s exclusive gift to The Brave Table audience — eliminate a belief for free at eliminatebeliefs.com
- Shelly’s websites at lefkoeinstitute.com and parentingthelefkoeway.com and her course for parents: Empowering the Next Generation
- Morty Lefkoe’s TedTalk How To Stop Suffering
- You’ll also love this episode with Dorota Stańczyk: Radical Acceptance, Letting Go of Your Desires and (Re)Creating Yourself
- And this one with Daniela Woerner: Navigating Divorce, Grief, Loss, & Motherhood
Before you go…
Make sure you enter The Brave Table Back-to-School Giveaway! Yes, that’s right loves, we’re going BIG for September to help you get ready for a fresh start this fall. One lucky winner will receive a $150 gift certificate to a spa of your choice (because you deserve a little self-care, boo), and the GRAND PRIZE winner will receive a brand new Apple iPad!
Simply leave a review of The Brave Table, take a screenshot of your review, and go to www.thebravetable.com/giveaway to upload your screenshot. That’s it — and you’ll be entered to WIN! Thank you, Brave Table fam. Catch you next time!