Welcome back, Brave Table fam, for this week’s episode with Alex Mendeluk. Alex is the Co-Founder of SpirtHoods (you probably recognize him from being on Shark Tank!) and the Co-Founder of The LightForce Center with his wife, Shayoon. He’s...
Welcome back, Brave Table fam, for this week’s episode with Alex Mendeluk. Alex is the Co-Founder of SpirtHoods (you probably recognize him from being on Shark Tank!) and the Co-Founder of The LightForce Center with his wife, Shayoon.
He’s also a dad of two boys, a former actor (shout out to Frat Boy #1 in Twilight!), and a firm believer that you can heal anything and how by doing so, you help to heal the world.
What you’ll get out of this episode…
- How healing yourself has a karmic effect on both past and present generations
- Experiencing ups and downs on your path and how to trust it all
- Why the only way forward toward a better world is to go within
- How it’s possible to fully heal yourself and how to start the journey
- Attracting your life partner and understanding relationship dynamics through energy
- Navigating inter-racial and intercultural relationships
- What happens in relationships when you’re evolving and your partner isn’t
- What to ask yourself when your relationships are stalling your growth
- Why you deserve to heal, and why it’s more critical now than ever
Alex’s spiritual journey started at a young age. He looked up to his older brother, who taught him about meditation, Qigong, and Martial Arts, opening the door to the mind-body-spirit connection. When his family left Los Angeles to live on a farm in Oregon, his connection to Spirit deepened, and he found that being in nature is where he felt closest to God (that was until he met his partner, Shayoon).
After a stint at art school, Alex was encouraged to become an actor, so he returned to LA, embarking on a sort of Hero’s Journey that took him back to his roots. However, the awakening he had undergone in Oregon took a turn as he found himself going to auditions and not landing anything, sleeping on a foam mattress on the floor of his friend’s apartment, and feeling down and out—and experiencing depression for the first time in his life.
Then, on a serendipitous weekend at Coachella, Alex saw Shayoon (his now wife) and knew instantly she was destiny. He was there selling SpirtHoods—faux-fur festival fashion that would go on to see overnight success—and spotted her dancing in a field. What had started as a forbidden love grew into a deep partnership that took his spiritual awakening to a whole other level.
With Shayoon by his side and the newfound realizations that came with their meeting, Alex knew their mission was to usher in deep healing for the world. They took the various modalities they’d learned from their own healing journeys—like Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique and Emotional Freedom Techniques—to create The LightForce Healing Center, where they’ve helped thousands of people overcome issues—mental, emotional, and physical, from anxiety disorders to chronic pain and more.
Alex drops so many insightful takeaways in this episode about love, relationships, and how to heal, but one of the most powerful is that when you heal yourself, you also help heal those around you. Healing has a ripple effect, and the best thing we can do for ourselves (AND for others) is to embark on that self-healing journey, learn radical self-love, and be our fully embodied selves. That’s how we find our purpose and make the world a more loving and peaceful place.
If you loved this episode…
- Follow Alex on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/mendeluk/
- The LightForce Center at https://thelightforcecenter.com/redpill and on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/thelightforcecenter/
- Check out the book that inspired Alex that he talks about in this episode, The Three Waves of Volunteers & the New Earth by Dolores Cannon https://www.amazon.com/Three-Waves-Volunteers-New-Earth/dp/1886940150
- Listen to The Brave Table episode with his wife, Shayoon https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/shayoon-trusting-love-healing-and-creating-your-own/id1608226580?i=1000557080386
- Check out this episode on healing generational trauma https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/healing-generational-trauma-breaking-free-from-asian/id1608226580?i=1000553426419
Before you go, I want to make sure you know about my new Burnout Kit. So many of you have told me you're feeling run down and need something to help you get out of your slump. Well, I have just the tool for you!
These journal prompts are FREE and will help you get to the root cause of your burnout so you can start to take the action steps to get back to your usual, energized, and vibrant self! Grab your free copy today at https://globalgrit.co/burnoutkit. Thanks for being here, and see you next time!