Hey fam, grab a seat at The Brave Table with me today as I talk about emotional health and feeling all our feels, even when they contradict each other. The topic of this episode was inspired by the 20th anniversary of my father’s death,...
The topic of this episode was inspired by the 20th anniversary of my father’s death, which got me thinking about all the extremes of emotions that we go through following loss and how the best thing we can do for our healing process is to be present with it all, for better or for worse.
We’ll get into navigating grief, building resilience, and how to find the magic in the sucky human moments we’ll inevitably experience in this life.
What you’ll get out of this episode…
- Processing your feelings when going through loss
- The duality of confronting your hardships while also trying to move on
- Normalizing grief and what you can say to someone who is experiencing it
- What it means to ‘swamp your emotions’ and how to do it
- The importance of healing generational trauma
- Teaching children how to cope with their emotions and advice on how to do it
- How to come back from challenging times and heal
- Finding the joy in chaos; the magic in the unbearable
If you love this episode, here are more resources to check out…
- Navigating Through Grief, Sex, And Comedy with Kelsey Chittick https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/kelsey-chittick-navigating-through-grief-sex-and-comedy/id1608226580?i=1000557901976
- Daniela Woerner: Navigating Divorce, Grief, Loss, & Motherhood https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/daniela-woerner-navigating-divorce-grief-loss-motherhood/id1608226580?i=1000559966091
- Regena Thomasauer: Reclaiming Yourself & Living a Life of Pleasure https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/regena-thomasauer-reclaiming-yourself-living-a-life/id1608226580?i=1000557540243
- Healing Generational Trauma & Breaking Free From Asian Immigrant Parents https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/healing-generational-trauma-breaking-free-from-asian/id1608226580?i=1000553426419
- Social emotional development toys from Generation Mindful
- Watch the movie Inside out https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/inside-out/uzQ2ycVDi2IE
Before you go, I want to make sure you know about my new Burnout Kit. So many of you have told me you're feeling run down and need something to help you get out of your slump. Well, I have just the tool for you!
These journal prompts are FREE and will help you get to the root cause of your burnout so you can start to take the action steps to get back to your usual, energized, and vibrant self! Grab your free copy today at https://globalgrit.co/burnoutkit. Thanks for being here, and see you next time!