Hey, Brave Table fam! I have a MAJOR episode for you. I used to run home to catch this man on Total Request Live (all you Millennials know what I’m talking about). My guest today is Quddus — yup, the TRL host who took over for Carson Daly, the man...
Hey, Brave Table fam! I have a MAJOR episode for you. I used to run home to catch this man on Total Request Live (all you Millennials know what I’m talking about). My guest today is Quddus — yup, the TRL host who took over for Carson Daly, the man responsible for getting Kanye West on MTV, and the interviewer of choice for celebrities like Chris Rock and Beyonce — among tons of other accolades and accomplishments like being featured in Vice Magazine, Time, and TedX.
Today, Quddus is a Master Coach, the Founder of The Creator Incubator, and about to write his first book and launch his podcast. We follow the thread that took him from a pop culture icon on our TV screens to a mentor for creatives, artists, and entrepreneurs. Plus, he shares the incredible stories he experienced on his journey (like his aha! moment on live TV with Kanye…)
Quddus shows us that when you trust your gut instincts, even when it doesn’t make sense at the time, magic happens. I’m certain this conversation will inspire you to follow your intuition, even if it means abandoning the life you’ve created for one that’s more aligned with who you are and what you believe.
What you’ll get out of this episode…
- The story of Quddus’s intercultural upbringing, his family dynamics, and how he went from being a kid with a passion for music living in Toronto to an international star on MTV
- How to trust your inner voice, even when it means walking away from your current success
- How to have tough conversations and the breakthrough moments they can provide
- Trusting that you will always be in the right place, at exactly the right time
- Getting over your imposter syndrome
- How to harness the power of social media to create a platform for yourself, and use it for good
- The value of staying true to your core values, and not just chasing likes and clicks
- Actionable advice to use for your personal brand
- Healing through divorce and sudden life changes
If you loved this episode, make sure you check out…
- Listen to his Ted Talk and get a behind-the-scenes look at what happened with Kanye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwTZwp_f5x4
- Trusting your intuition with Daniela Woerner https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/daniela-woerner-navigating-divorce-grief-loss-motherhood/id1608226580?i=1000559966091
- More on embracing the duality of emotions https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/solocast-embracing-the-duality-of-our/id1608226580?i=1000565132212
- How to have tough conversations https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ghosting-setting-boundaries-what-does-it-really-say/id1608226580?i=1000558858100
- Check out the book Quddus is reading now https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Dog-Memoir-Creator-Nike/dp/1501135910
Thanks for listening, and I hope you loved this episode! If you did, please consider leaving a 5-star review to help others find and benefit from the show.
After you do, send a screenshot of your review to email@example.com to receive my course on Emotional Mastery as my FREE gift to you. Thanks for helping us get to 100 reviews this month! So grateful for you all. 😘