Hey Brave Table fam, welcome! I’m so excited to share this conversation with you. My guest in this episode is the bold, beautiful, and powerful Paola Mathé aka @findingpaola. Paola is the Founder and Creative Director of Fanm Djanm ( “Strong...
Hey Brave Table fam, welcome! I’m so excited to share this conversation with you. My guest in this episode is the bold, beautiful, and powerful Paola Mathé aka @findingpaola. Paola is the Founder and Creative Director of Fanm Djanm ( “Strong Woman” in Haitian Kreyol), a zero-waste fashion company that creates gorgeous headwraps, bucket hats, bandanas, and more. She is also a social entrepreneur and a photographer whose work has been featured in publications like The New York Times, Teen Vogue, NY Magazine/The Cut, and Oxygen.
Tune in to hear how Paola went from a comfortable life in Haiti to experiencing racism for the first time in the United States, how working in the hospitality industry led to launching her highly successful business, and the challenges she endured along the way that helped build her resilience.
Through her stories and experiences, Paola shows us why you should honor your struggles but not over-identify with them, how to lead with integrity, and what can happen when you say YES to new opportunities—and the places they can take you that you might never expect! Let’s take Paola’s lead and see where we can all be a little more bold in our lives.
What you’ll get out of this episode…
- How to set boundaries with others with regards to how you want to be treated
- Following the signs life presents as a way to manifest your next opportunity
- Peeling back the layers of racism in the United States as a Black woman and an immigrant
- Finding more joy and ease in life through creativity
- Knowing that you are enough and deserve to take up space
- Recognizing your privileges and how to use them to help lift others up
- How to be a strong leader in the workplace
- Building a business through intuition and passion
- Embracing every facet of your being and your life experience as part of a bigger picture
If you loved this episode, make sure you check out…
- Listen to more from a badass female entrepreneur, Miki Agrawal, in the episode: How to Stand Up to Naysayers, Cancel Culture, & Rebuilding with Passion https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/miki-agrawal-how-to-stand-up-to-naysayers-cancel-culture/id1608226580?i=1000555439013
- Trusting Your Intuition, Harnessing It for Good, & the Power of Uncomfortable Conversations with Quddus https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/quddus-trusting-your-intuition-harnessing-it-for-good/id1608226580?i=1000567365093
- Neeta’s 40th episode - Solocast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/solocast-40-lessons-learned-celebrating-my-life-as/id1608226580?i=1000569246586
Thanks for listening, and I hope you loved this episode! If you did, please consider leaving a 5-star review to help others find and benefit from the show.
After you do, send a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive my course on Emotional Mastery as my FREE gift to you. Thanks for helping us get to 100 reviews this month! So grateful for you all.