Hey Brave Table fam, welcome back—you’re in for a goodie today! In this chat with Miki Agrawal, the ultimate girl boss queen, we go all in—touching on everything from infertility and motherhood; to deep healing and inner work; to navigating big...
Hey Brave Table fam, welcome back—you’re in for a goodie today! In this chat with Miki Agrawal, the ultimate girl boss queen, we go all in—touching on everything from infertility and motherhood; to deep healing and inner work; to navigating big challenges that may come up as an entrepreneur in your journey.
Miki is the founder of Tushy, Thinx, and Wild. All of these companies have been disrupted by who she is and what she stands for. She is also the author of the #1 best-selling books Do Cool Sh*T and Disrupt-Her, and was named "Fast Company's Most Creative People", “Young Global Leader” by the World Economic Forum, and INC's “Most Impressive Women Entrepreneurs”. Miki is a true visionary when it comes to making periods, poop, and organic food sexy— completely disrupting and dominating industries that most others shy away from.
Hear why she stepped down as CEO of her own company and a breakdown that led to creating another 9-figure business—but not before sinking into the depths of an inner reckoning. She shares how to use traumatic life experiences as a means for massive growth, an opportunity for learning/unlearning, and having even more conviction in your work.
We also talk about feminism and the importance of celebrating women instead of clawing each other for a seat at the table in our patriarchal society. Instead, can we be inspired by other women and not envious? Can we choose to lift each other up and not want to take each other down? How do we change the system that’s keeping us small—in a fear-based world—and start operating from a place of abundance rather than lack?
Some of the juicy nuggets you’ll experience in this episode:
- Overcoming struggles during your most vulnerable moments
- The dangers of ‘extremism’ and leaning too much into alternative stances
- Having gratitude for even your worst feelings and what it means to feel truly alive
- Learning how to choose every single day what you focus on and put your energy into
- The importance of creating diversity in the workplace and your community, and learning the true depths of diversity
- How to be brave in the face of cancel culture, share your truth, and attract the right people to your work
- Observing yourself in your toughest moments, finding the beauty in the breakdown, and extracting lessons from your sucky human moments
- Letting go of reacting to low-vibrational shit, letting your work speak for itself, and doing things out of integrity
- Moving into the matriarchy, awakening the divine feminine, and how to be a seductress in your life
- The importance of meeting people where they are
- Miki’s healing regimens & nourishing practices that you can use when going through a tough time
If you liked this episode…
- Buy Miki’s books on Amazon: Do Cool Sh*t https://www.amazon.com/Do-Cool-Sh-Business-Happily/dp/0062366858 and Disrupt-Her https://www.amazon.com/Disrupt-Her-Manifesto-Modern-Miki-Agrawal-ebook/dp/B079P32W22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&keywords=disrupt-her%20book&qid=1542383560&s=digital-text&sr=1-1
- Listen to Being Brave in Building Your LifePass with Payal Kadakia: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/payal-kadakia-being-brave-in-building-your-lifepass/id1608226580?i=1000553155461
- Check out How to Build Unconventional Wealth & Abundance with Codie Sanchez https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/codie-sanchez-how-to-build-unconventional-financial/id1608226580?i=1000553932009
- Find out how to know if you are ready to pursue your purpose & change your life like Miki did https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-to-know-if-you-are-ready-to-pursue-your-purpose/id1608226580?i=1000554190755
Thanks for listening, fam. I hope you loved this episode. And if you did, please leave a 5-star review so you can help others find The Brave Table! Thanks for being here, loves! See you again soon.