Sometimes when you’re deep in the trenches of loss, depression, and grief, it’s hard to see yourself out of it. Everything becomes blurry, and the next thing you know, you’re just going through the motions, unaware of how quickly you’re...
Sometimes when you’re deep in the trenches of loss, depression, and grief, it’s hard to see yourself out of it. Everything becomes blurry, and the next thing you know, you’re just going through the motions, unaware of how quickly you’re spiraling out of control.
But, if you’re lucky, you’ll have quality friends around you who will intervene and remind you of your light. That’s what happened to today’s Brave Table guest, Mike Kim, and inspired him to launch a community that fosters connection through storytelling, in-person events, and partnerships.
Mike is a Korean-American activist and entrepreneur who founded the anti-racism, pro-kindness organization, Some Neat Place. In this chat, he opens up to me about his challenging past, his mother’s battle with cancer, and how he used his traumas as fuel to create a kinder, more compassionate world. Mike is a living example of the power of brave conversations, and I’m so grateful for his vulnerability and willingness to speak up about mental and emotional health!
What you’ll get out of this episode…
- The important reasons why we need to start getting honest, vulnerable, and authentically brave in our conversations with each other
- How to heal your family traumas
- The value of creating community and maintaining quality friendships
- Emotional health in the Asian community and how it affects men in particular
- How to recognize depression and steps you can take to address it
- Finding your worth and knowing you’re not broken
- How adults model behaviors to their children in subtle ways (and how to correct them)
- Reminders for when you feel like you’re not enough
If you loved this episode, then make sure you check out…
Loves, before you go, check out this super fun quiz I created for you to determine your Bounce Factor! How do you bounce back from life’s sucky moments? How strong is your audacious resiliency? Find your archetype and what you can do to strengthen your “bounciness” with my FREE Bounce Factor quiz! Get it at Get it at bouncefactorquiz.com.