Brave Table fam, welcome back for another super juicy episode today with my dear soul sister Ashley Stahl. This woman is wise beyond her years — a total wordsmith whose incredible life experiences have provided her with many profound lessons and...
Brave Table fam, welcome back for another super juicy episode today with my dear soul sister Ashley Stahl. This woman is wise beyond her years — a total wordsmith whose incredible life experiences have provided her with many profound lessons and insights, which she shares with us today.
Ashley went from counterterrorism professional to career coach, journalist, TEDx Talk speaker (one of the most-watched of all time!), and author of the bestselling book, You Turn: Get Unstuck, Discover Your Direction, and Design Your Dream Career.
In this chat, Ashley cracks her heart open as she takes us through her egg-freezing journey and offers poignant reflections for anyone considering doing it themselves. We also talk about the power of following your intuition (and why so many of us lose touch with it), the sneaky ways family dynamics shape your beliefs, and how to be present with your thoughts and feelings and make the YOU-turn back home to yourself.
What you’ll get out of this episode….
- The reasons why you get cut off from your intuition
- Exercises to help you strengthen your intuition and discover what you actually want
- Family dynamics and what the environments you grew up in tell you about your beliefs
- How to notice when and where you are being your most authentic self, and how to capture and leverage it
- Advice for slowing down so you can make intentional decisions in life (and not have to go back and clean up messes later)
- What actually happens in the egg-freezing process (I share my own story of researching the experience, too)
- Why your problems have to do with how you feel about certain situations and how to reframe your circumstances
If you loved this episode, make sure you check out…
- Watch her Tedx Talk and hear her absolutely chilling story about being held hostage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRtBHF-WPpM
- Grab a copy of her book https://www.amazon.com/You-Turn-Unstuck-Discover-Direction/dp/1950665690
- The Hoffman Institute (which Ashley talks about going to at the beginning of the episode) https://www.hoffmaninstitute.org/
- More on healing family trauma https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/healing-generational-trauma-breaking-free-from-asian/id1608226580?i=1000553426419
- More on following your intuition with Amber Rae https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/amber-rae-exploring-the-art-of-creativity-the/id1608226580?i=1000565344139
- Taking Ownership of Life Circumstances by Reframing Your Reality To Make It Work for You with Emily Hirsh https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/emily-hirsh-taking-ownership-of-life-circumstances/id1608226580?i=1000566487215
Thanks for listening, and I hope you loved this episode! If you did, please consider leaving a 5-star review to help others find and benefit from the show.
After you do, send a screenshot of your review to email@example.com to receive my course on Emotional Mastery as my FREE gift to you. Thanks for helping us get to 100 reviews this month! So grateful for you all. 😘