Hey there Brave Table squad! Welcome back for another super juicy episode, this time with the Rock-Star Shaman (and my rockstar friend), Alyson Charles. Internationally renowned Shaman, best-selling author, and host of Ceremony Circle...
Hey there Brave Table squad! Welcome back for another super juicy episode, this time with the Rock-Star Shaman (and my rockstar friend), Alyson Charles.
Internationally renowned Shaman, best-selling author, and host of Ceremony Circle Podcast, Alyson’s story starts with a traumatic experience followed by a spiritual awakening that shifted her out of her life as a national champion athlete, top-rated radio host, and national daytime television talk show host in New York City, and into her calling as a Shaman. The woman has led pop culture shows through her meditations workshops awakening spirituality in circles where they need it most, from HBO film festival, Art Basel, Elle magazine to brands like Tory Burch, The National Geographic, The New York Times
After 16 years of being in a codependent and very toxic relationship, Alyson shares the shocking moment that turned on her internal wisdom and spiritual gifts were heightened and allowed her to receive the call from Spirit that would send her down the path of Shamanism - but not before undergoing some really deep shadow work and facing her greatest fears.
We dive into how to use these challenging seasons of life as a way to find your true soul calling, all the ugly and messy of shadow work and how it ultimately leads to so much beauty and growth, and why it’s so important during your down cycles to experience the FULL spectrum of human emotions and not try to push them away.
Alyson also talks about her new book which is out today, Animal Power: 100 Animals to Energize Your Life and Awaken Your Soul (which has been such a blessing for my whole household - it provides so much soul medicine and the kids love looking at the beautiful illustrations!) Go check it out and order your copy at www.alysoncharles.com/animalpower, and you’ll also get access to a free guided shamanic journey from Alyson!
Some of the juicy nuggets you’ll experience in this episode:
- How to embrace your gifts and trust your deep inner knowing
- What is shadow work, how to begin, and facing your inner gremlins for self-development and personal growth
- Naming and looking at your greatest fear so you can face it and overcome it
- Dropping the veil of illusions in toxic relationships, taking the necessary steps to overcome abusive relationships, and getting out of your own way
- Looking at where and how you give your power away, why you do it, and how to reclaim your power
- Practicing patience in your healing journey and learning to trust yourself
- How Alyson defines Shamanism and how you can tune into your own Shamanic journey
- Practices & rituals that you can do following a spiritual awakening to recalibrate
- Unconditional love as a tool for practicing bravery
- What medicine we can learn from the energy and spirit of different animals
- The energy that’s guiding Alyson through this season of her life
I hope this conversation with Alyson was as inspiring for you as it was for me! If so, I would really appreciate it if you could leave a review. Each one helps others find juicy conversations like this one on The Brave Table.
Let me know you’ve left a review by going to www.thebravetable.com/giveaway so you can enter for your chance to WIN amazing prizes, like a pair of Apple AirPods Pro! I’ll also send you my Grow Your Grit 7-day mini-workshop for FREE to help you master your emotions, transform your thoughts, and change your world!
Thanks again, loves, for tuning in! Until next time.