Welcome back Brave Table, fam! Joining me today is my dear pal Aaron Alexander — he’s a manual therapist, movement coach, host of the incredible Align Podcast show, and author of The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper...
Welcome back Brave Table, fam! Joining me today is my dear pal Aaron Alexander — he’s a manual therapist, movement coach, host of the incredible Align Podcast show, and author of The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind, and Stress-Proof Life. As you can probably guess, we’re going to talk about all things alignment, both in the physical and emotional body, and how the two are connected.
You know that feeling when you walk into a room, and you can sense where someone is at based on their body language? That’s the type of energy we’ll be exploring in this episode. Plus, what the aches, tension, and pains in our physical body tell us about our inner emotional state, some exercises you can do to readjust, and more tips and insights on posture, somatics, rolfing, and so much more! There are lots of laughs and things to ponder in this episode, BT squad, so buckle up!
While you listen, pay attention to your own body and notice anything it’s telling you about where you might be out of alignment, and feel empowered by Aaron’s method to make some changes!
What you’ll get out of this episode….
- A deep dive into the mind-body connection and how stagnant emotions show up in our physical body
- What is rolfing, and how it can help your body get into alignment
- What someone’s posture can tell you about their inner state
- Understanding archetypes and how finding our archetype can show us what we need to balance ourselves out
- The importance of having compassion for yourself and others
- Recognizing the masks and facades we wear for others (and how these are reflected in our body language)
- The relationship between body language and your inner child
If you loved this episode, make sure you check out…
- Alignment exercises on Aaron’s YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/AlignPodcast
- Books by the founder of osteopathic medicine, Andrew Taylor Still https://www.amazon.com/Books-Andrew-Taylor-Still/s?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3AAndrew+Taylor+Still
- More on health and wellness with Jovanka Ciares https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jovanka-ciares-reclaiming-wellness-in-living-your-best/id1608226580?i=1000561550315
- A journey back to loving yourself with Dr. Mariza Snyder https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-mariza-snyder-a-journey-back-to-loving-yourself/id1608226580?i=1000563258513
- How to awaken the artist within with Garrain Jones https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/garrain-jones-how-to-awaken-the-artist-within/id1608226580?i=1000564809879
Thanks for listening, and I hope you loved this episode! If you did, please consider leaving a 5-star review to help others find and benefit from the show.
After you do, send a screenshot of your review to email@example.com to receive my course on Emotional Mastery as my FREE gift to you. Thanks for helping us get to 100 reviews this month! So grateful for you all. 😘